REDWOOD CITY, CA – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company and a Gold-level member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), today announced a significant expansion of its dedicated, private access to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) to 16 additional Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in North America and Europe. As a part of the expansion, customers can now easily and privately connect to OCI using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect within the Equinix FR5 IBX data center in Frankfurt via dedicated cross connects and the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ (ECX). Additionally, the Oracle and Equinix partner and platform integration now provides connectivity to OCI FastConnect via ECX to customers in eight new metros in North America and seven new metros in Europe.
The expansion brings the total number of Equinix IBX data centers where Oracle FastConnect is deployed to six and total number of locations where connectivity to FastConnect is available to 18 metros, globally.
- New North American metros where access to OCI FastConnect is now available via ECX include Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Silicon Valley and Toronto. This adds to the existing North American OCI FastConnect deployment at Equinix in Washington, D.C.
- In addition to Frankfurt, new European metros where OCI FastConnect is now available via ECX include Amsterdam, Dublin, London, Manchester, Paris, Stockholm and Zurich.
- This expansion will enable enterprise customers across North America and Europe to migrate and run compute, applications and data workloads to Oracle Cloud in a high-throughput, scalable manner that delivers consistent and predictable performance. This marks a significant investment in the Equinix and Oracle relationship, building upon Oracle’s highly successful and growing OCI FastConnect Classic service previously launched in 2015 and deployed in Equinix IBX data centers in Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Sydney and Washington, D.C.
- Whether a customer requires direct connection to Oracle as part of a broader interconnection strategy, or if they need to migrate data-heavy applications to the cloud, connection to OCI inside Equinix is a highly scalable solution for many enterprise users. It can further a customer’s efforts to address increasing data privacy and other regulatory requirements and general data sovereignty concerns.
- Interconnection is paramount for companies across North America and Europe. In fact, according to the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published recently by Equinix, the U.S. is the largest and most advanced region for Interconnection Bandwidth growth, with 82 percent of enterprises’ bandwidth expected to be dedicated to interconnection to networks and cloud by 2020. The Index also found that Interconnection Bandwidth in Europe is expected to grow 44% per annum to reach 1,450+ Tbps by 2020. Europe’s growth in Interconnection will be driven by a number of factors, including data sovereignty and the need for European businesses to exchange information with other businesses and services, like Oracle, in-region.
- Oracle Cloud delivers nearly 1,000 SaaS applications and 50 enterprise-class PaaS and IaaS services to customers in more than 195 countries around the world, and supports 55 billion transactions each day.
“We are excited to continue our collaboration with Oracle and extend this service to multiple U.S. and European metros. The ability to connect directly to Oracle is an essential strategy for enterprises as they deploy workloads to the cloud. By providing direct access, our mutual customers can create a high-speed, dedicated and low-latency connection that allows them to fully realize the benefits of Oracle deployment, while complying with local data sovereignty regulations. We look forward to ongoing collaborations with Oracle, bringing this solution to additional Equinix metro areas across the globe.” Robert Blackburn, Global Managing Director, Oracle Strategic Alliance, Equinix
“Customers require seamless connectivity from their data centers and networks to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for their most demanding workloads and applications. With Oracle Cloud Infrastructure using FastConnect in Equinix IBX data centers, customers can provision the private connections they need today and easily scale with their growing business demands. We look forward to helping more customers connect to Oracle cloud using FastConnect and ECX in a growing number of markets.” Kash Iftikhar, Vice President IaaS, Public Cloud Services, Oracle
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 48 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. http://www.equinix.com/.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is Oracle’s partner program that provides partners with a differentiated advantage to develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle’s products and solutions, and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to be recognized and rewarded for their investment in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Partners engaging with Oracle will be able to differentiate their Oracle Cloud Infrastructure expertise and success with customers through the OPN Cloud program─an innovative program that complements existing OPN program levels with tiers of recognition and progressive benefits for partners working with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Is Offshore Hosting For You?
Find out why you too should be hosting offshore. Click here now!